Friday 12 September 2008

Season Diary

Introduction

I have decided to keep a season diary for Killie. Starting in September. Yes, September. I realise it would be better starting at the beginning of the season or maybe even preseason but I hadn't thought about it then so September it is. So lets not dwell on my poor timing and poorer introduction to my introduction and just get on with it.

I'm just back my holidays, I was in Tunisia and it was hot, not much to do in Tunisia so i read some books one of which was a book written by Boston Red Sox fans Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King (yes, THE Stephen King) and their thoughts as a season unfolded before then, the season was 2004 and their team won the World Series that year for the first time since 1918. So basically i thought, what a wonderful idea to rip off so i shall, or i should say, i might, as with most of my plans they generally get forgotten about or such likes. Lets just say i will try.

I will enter a post for the post introduction stage of the season at some point in the coming weeks, for those of you who need it right now its three league wins, a draw, no goals against, through in the League cup, and a new cult hero, but as i say, it'll all be covered soon.

The basics of this diary will be a mix up of pre match thoughts, post game thoughts, match psot mortems, good jokes, good stories, text conversations i have (that suit the context i hasten to add) email transcripts, just basic diary entries as they come to me. I am a season ticket holder at Rugby Park and a self confessed geek but work means i dont get to too many away games but anything i do do will be documented hopefully. What i hope to achieve is a kind of beat diary of the new season.

Anyone new to the world of a blog, the top one is the newest so to find this (this being the start) you scroll down and work up. Or you go to the labels section on the right hand side and click the season diary tab and it show only those entries to the blog, again read bottom up. I suppose thats enough patronising for now.

thank you.

Ruud

One more thing, as i mentioned, that book saw the endgame being a World Series win, if the miraculous happens and Killie pick up some silverwear, i shall try and eat out on this post for the next ten years! or at the very least get pished drunk for a couple of days for free!

No comments: