Sunday 28 December 2008

Season Diary 35

Entry #35: Sunday 28th December 2008

After watching that garbage last Saturday it can be expected that I thought very little of our chances away at Hibs yesterday (Saturday) so it came as a major surprise when we won 4-2. Its one of those things being a Killie fan in recent times, you really don’t know which team will turn up on the day. Even the game, which I followed while working on the Sky vidiprinter thing, went so topsy turvy there was no way to predict its outcome. We went two goals up early on and then were pegged back to two each. At two nil up I will admit to being slightly bemused but on the whole elated that we seemed to be thrashing Hibs, it all seemed so comfortable and another couple surely wouldn’t be too hard to come by since there was still 72minutes left! But then we lose two penalties in three minutes or so, the second of which sees Combe sent off and the score goes level I had the sinking feeling that it was all going to go tits up and that our form of late especially last Saturday at home to St Mirren was going to come back and bite us not to mention we have now got Damien Rascle in nets whom I am far from keen on. But then we score another two including one from, amazingly probably even to him, Garry Hay and the game finishes with an emphatic scoreline in our favour. Garry Hay goals are real collectors items, his first game for the big team (don’t know why I described it as this but still) was against Aberdeen and him and his curtains haircut scored two but after that they have been pretty rare beasts, yesterdays being his 8th in his career I think, I once had a bet with my mate Blackie about Garry Hay goals, I claimed that his two goals were his only for the club, Blackie said he was sure there was more, but I spoke with enough confidence that he backed down a bit, after that I did a wee bit of research and found out that at that time he had scored a further two or three, suffice to say I never mentioned the bet again and to this day haven’t paid out, oh the shame, not that I am using this as some sort of cathartic device to get that wee fact out my head or anything. Anyway, I suppose I could have saved myself a lot of words if I had simply wrote that it had been a rollercoaster ride today, all highs and lows with a feeling of satisfaction at the end. But I didn’t. Hopefully we can kick on from this.

Looking at the fixtures coming up it could be a busy time for me as a Killie fan, and now as a Killie fan with Saturdays free. After Falkirk away next week which I wont be at, the following Saturday is the Cup game versus Ayr which I will be at by hook or by crook, then it’s a midweek rearranged Aberdeen fixture from when our pitch was frozen and they wanted to claim against us for cost incurred or something, then on the next two Saturdays Hearts then Hamilton at home and then the early kick of at the new St Mirren stadium live on the telly but I will hope to have a ticket and take my seat as one of the first visitors to their new ground, and it doesn’t stop there because provided we beat Ayr (not a probability more a guarantee…..PLEASE!) then the following week is Scottish Cup day so home or away it will be in the grand scheme of my plan to be at that too and to top it off we then have another home game versus Hibs again which kind of brings it all full circle to yesterday I suppose.

The game after the Hibs game is Rangers and I would doubt I will be at that, been a long time since I was at Ibrox, so that will be seven on the bounce I think, good times!

Suppose I should say what I got for Christmas, well Killie wise what I got, a long sleeved home top, its quite nice actually and fits pretty well, well pretty well for a Killie top as some in years past have been some of the ugliest shapes imaginable, I think they think every strip wearing fan is square or something. After all the fuss I have made about dodgy kit makers and clamouring for adidas or nike or something the 1869 top is a pleasant surprise. Just wish it was hoops, it really is time for hoops. I also got the cracking new tartan scarf which though is a bit short for tying round your neck is really nice, and also a calendar which is always good, no Hollyoaks babes for me, its just Alan Combe and Gavin Skelton.

Last piece of info for today, conflicting stories about the selling of tickets for the cup game, some say they go on sale tomorrow, others disagree saying its just privileged seat holders that get a crack, basically I don’t know what to believe so I have took my season book and gave it to my brother tonight and asked him to deal with it as and when they go on sale, he is off work after all. How a season ticket doesn’t know when he can get his ticket is beyond me but I am not alone in that boat, noone seems to have the definitive details. One thing less to worry about.

No comments: