Sunday 4 January 2009

Season Diary 36

Entry #36: Sunday 4th January 2009

Yesterday afternoon I was worked in the pub and Killie played our first game of the new year away at Falkirk. To be honest Football was the least of my worries yesterday, too much overindulgence (and work incidentally) during the festive period meant I slept in as long as possible and simply went to my work did a shift and came home, I had half an eye on the Killie score but I was simply too jaded, so jaded in fact that I never had a coupon on, which is some sort of miracle for me.

We drew one each and as far as I can gather from the people who were at it we played well in patches, and were unlucky but again, jaded as I am still, that is about all I was really interested enough to glean from it. I suppose a nice wee bit of info about yesterdays game was that we had ourselves a shiny new third kit on! This was effectively a negative view to our current purple away kit, where the white piping is on the away kit, purple is on this and its white. We wore it with the away shorts but as we wore white shorts with our purple top in Inverness earlier this season what we now have is a third kit! My feelings about this new strip is that it will never be sold, a typical Killie move, I will be making some sort of effort to maybe putting my hands on one of these white things however as they always turn up. If I remember rightly we wore an all red thing for one game only a few seasons ago against Dunfermline and it wasn’t sold in the shop as a kit, but as I sat eating a meal in a local family restaurant a few years later I a guy came in with his family with said red top on! somehow he put his hands on it and that’s my plan for one of these white fellas.

Oh, I have covered the afternoons entertainment yesterday but never mentioned the mornings, the Ayr tickets went on sale to season ticket holders at Rugby Park! I would like to regale you with a tale of standing in a massive queue to get my greasy mitts on the coveted briefs but the fact of the matter is that I gave my brother my stub from my season book needed to get a ticket last Sunday night so he went over and picked them up. He assures me that he simply walked in and purchased them with no real worries and I cant do anything but believe him but others that spoke to me today say that there was queues and they had to stand in them for an hour or more, most of these guys though went at opening time whereas my brother being the lazy arse he is wouldn’t have got out his bed to do that so sauntered over much later and was met with no queue shaped resistance.

So the tickets have been dealt with and anticipation to what should be the most anticipated game of the season (worst sentence ever!) begins, for the next week up to kick off I will report daily on the feelings and experiences as excitement reaches fever pitch. I might be hard to believe but this game is the equivalent to Barca Real, Rangers Celtic, the lot. It might not be high profile but its ours and basically you can stick your others up your arse as for the next week this is THE biggest game in football.

No comments: